DIGITOIL, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use the Wellsite Report technology by web browser and mobile application on iOS or Android platform, (including all related documentation, the “Wellsite Report Technology”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Wellsite Report Technology website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Wellsite Report Technology.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download for/from the Wellsite Report Technology, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Wellsite Report Technology.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This policy does not apply to information collected:
- Offline or through any other means, including on any other software provided by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- By any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any software, application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Wellsite Report Technology.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Wellsite Report Technology is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Wellsite Report Technology. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Wellsite Report Technology or on or through any of its features, create a Wellsite Report account, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Wellsite Report Technology or provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Wellsite Report Technology, including information:
- provided directly from you;
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Wellsite Report Technology and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Wellsite Report Technology. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Wellsite Report Technology may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Wellsite Report Technology. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Wellsite Report Technology, subscribing to the Wellsite Report Technology, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Wellsite Report Technology.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of actions you carry out through the Wellsite Report Technology.
- Your search queries on the Wellsite Report Technology.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Wellsite Report Technology, or transmitted to other users of the Wellsite Report Technology or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk, and we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Wellsite Report Technology, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to and use of the Wellsite Report Technology, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Wellsite Report Technology.
- Information about your computer, mobile device and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This helps us to improve the Wellsite Report Technology and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Wellsite Report Technology according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Wellsite Report Technology.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Wellsite Report Technology may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Wellsite Report Technology. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Features of our the Wellsite Report Technology and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have utilized those features or opened an email and for other related Wellsite Report Technology statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Wellsite Report Technology and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Wellsite Report Technology or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Wellsite Report Technology.
- For business purposes, including, without limitation, tracking, recording, and disclosing incident and job data on an individual and/or aggregate basis, determining general trends, creating predictive analyses, and for other general business purposes.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of DigitOil, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by DigitOil, LLC about the Wellsite Report Technology users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of DigitOil, LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can always opt-out during your initial login, through the End User License Agreement, by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can always opt-out during your initial login, through the End User License Agreement, by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to the following email address: email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can always opt-out during your initial login, through the End User License Agreement, by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Wellsite Report Technology and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Wellsite Report Technology that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 1400 Ashwood Dr., Suite 1401, Canonsburg, PA 15317.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Wellsite Report Technology, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in areas of the Wellsite Report Technology that are commonly available to other users like our comments functionality. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Wellsite Report Technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Wellsite Report Technology . Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Wellsite Report Technology.
By email: email@example.com
By physical mail: 1400 Ashwood Dr. Suite 1401 Canonsburg, PA 15317
Last modified: July 25, 2016